Non-toxic builder cleaners with over 35 years of experience are only a call away
My name is Michael Sweet, and I’ve been leading my team in successfully conducting comprehensive builder’s cleans for decades. Building work involves the creation of a lot of dust. Much of this dust is microscopic in size and notoriously difficult to remove. It floats around when you try to clean it with the traditional cleaning approach. Moreover, of the proportion that is “captured”, a lot of the tiny particles can escape again out of the exhaust system of your average vacuum cleaner. We have developed a scientific system for builder’s cleans whereby 97% of the dust as tiny as 30 microns is removed – that’s 1/30th the circumference of a human hair. This leaves the home spectacularly and sensually cleaner. You can literally feel it. Best of all, once the 1800 CLEANER builders’ cleaning is complete, the place stays cleaner afterwards as the “dust-drop” effect is eliminated.
Many of our clients are builders. There’s no greater service than to hand over a beautifully built house in a spectacularly clean state. It’s good for business. As an end-user house owner, it’s so important for your physical health to have that dust removed once and for all time. Not to mention your mental health when your place stays cleaner for longer as well.
The first time you clean after the build is complete is of paramount importance
Finding the right builder’s cleaners is not easy or straightforward until you have immersed yourself in the problem. Firstly, when a new house is built, or a new kitchen/bathroom and/or remedial work is conducted, including floor sanding and painting, dust of an extremely fine nature is created and can often stay suspended in the air for up to five days when disturbed. Secondly, this makes the removal of this dust with standard cleaning procedures very difficult. Finally, you need specialist builders cleaners who know what they are doing.
Moreover, nearly every cleaner you talk to will claim they know how to do a builder’s clean, but unless they can explain their method, you are not talking with expert builder’s cleaners.
Builder’s cleaners who remove the fine dust once and for all
The primary goal with a final clean of this nature is to remove the vast majority of this dust (up to 97%) to a microscopic level (down to 30 microns) in one fell swoop so that it never needs to be dealt with again. Also, we often encounter clients putting up with this dust for years after the final construction is complete, trying to deal with the dust themselves or paying transient cleaners who do not understand the nature and physics of fine dust extraction.
Our standard builder’s clean and renovation clean includes:
- Close all windows, doors and entrance areas, seal off all areas, minimise through-drafts, and prepare the premises.
- Thorough dusting of all ceilings, ledges, walls, blinds, ceiling fans, landing surfaces and windowsills throughout.
- Power-head HEPA-Vacuum of floors, stairs and carpets at commencement and completion.
- Clean all cupboard and drawer exteriors and interiors and mirrors throughout.
- Extract dust throughout all accessible areas by running a negative ioniser.
- Wipe clean all surfaces, light switches and skirting boards.
- Air Clean with HEPA-air and antibacterial air filtration.
- Hand clean of air vents and fans.
- Remove dust, grime and gunk on top of cupboards and clean range hood.
- Warm water scrub and wipe clean bench-tops, sinks, taps and grill tops.
- Remove, clean behind, under, and replace fridge (if fridge is present).
- Spray, scrub and wipe cupboard exteriors and interiors.
- Clean and polish appliance exteriors.
- Hot micro-fibre wash and dry floor.
- Wipe clean sinks, vanities, taps and cupboard interiors and exteriors.
- Scrub, wipe clean and dry shower and shower screens throughout.
- Wash, clean and disinfect toilets, inside and out.
- Hot wash and wipe wall tiles.
- Hot wash and dry floors.
- Scrub and dry bathtub.
We can also add a host of additional services to your builder’s clean as required. These builders’ cleaning services include window cleaning, carpet shampooing, pressure cleaning and oven cleaning. Our clients must choose a day when the entire property can be handed over to us unhindered and unimpeded. We must seal off the premises to ensure the dust has time to settle. This is a crucial part of this process. Moreover, these builders’ cleans are quoted on the understanding that the property is completely empty of all rubbish, that there is no furniture and that there will not be any tradespeople on the premises for the entire day.
Finally, we can work with our clients to find a solution in most scenarios and refer clients to our 21-Point spring clean in situations where they are currently moved in or are in a pickle due to overlapping and late timelines of various suppliers.