There is so much involved in selling your home. It’s important not to underestimate the importance of being able to depend on your pre-sale cleaners. This crucial decision can add tens of thousands of dollars to your final sale price.
1800 CLEANER have witnessed customers attempting to sell homes using a substandard cleaning company. Selling something confidently is impossible when we don’t feel good about the product. We’ve learnt from thousands of pre-sale cleaning situations that there’s an intelligent way to approach this essential part of the sales process.
Your pre-sale cleaners can deliver the best value by accentuating the home’s appeal to prospective buyers. A large part of buying a house is about how the home makes prospective buyers feel while walking through their potential new home. Selling your home is, thereby, not an entirely rational process. It involves supporting the potential new owners to imagine themselves living in the home as they move from room to room.
A high quality pristine clean is key
Our customers often tell us that our cleaning has transformed their homes and that it feels like they’re living in a different space. What is most significant about what 1800 CLEANER does is that we can remove all the fine particle dust and other invisible contaminants, impurities and irritants entirely from your house.
It can’t be underestimated what being in a dust-free environment feels like; even though we might not be fully aware of it, it is registered nonetheless. Another factor we can sense, albeit subtly, is how a home has been cleaned – has it been cleaned in a rush or with deep care and respect?
Our pre-sale cleaners are trained deeply in our advanced cleaning methods. And we treat all of our staff with deep care so that they can, in turn, show that same depth of care in your pre-sale clean. And when a potential buyer feels that, they’re even more likely to feel like this is the home for them.
The quality 20-point pre-sale cleaning checklist
1. Close all windows, doors and entrance areas, minimise through-drafts, and prepare the premises.
2. Thorough dusting of all ceilings, ledges, walls, blinds, ceiling fans, landing surfaces and windowsills throughout.
3. Power-head HEPA-Vacuum of floors, stairs and carpets at commencement and completion.
4. Clean all cupboard and drawer exteriors and interiors and mirrors throughout.
5. Extract dust throughout all accessible areas by running a negative ioniser.
6. Wipe clean all surfaces, light switches and skirting boards.
7. Air Clean with HEPA-air and antibacterial air filtration.
8. Hand clean of air vents and fans.
9. Remove dust, grime and gunk on top of cupboards and clean the range hood.
10. Warm water scrub and wipe clean bench-tops, sinks, taps and grill tops.
11. Remove, clean behind, under and replace fridge (if fridge present).
12. Spray, scrub and wipe cupboard exteriors and interiors.
13. Clean and polish appliance exteriors.
14. Hot micro-fibre wash and dry floor.
15. Wipe clean sinks, vanities, taps and cupboard interiors and exteriors.
16. Scrub, wipe clean and dry shower and shower screens throughout.
17. Wash, clean, and disinfect toilets, inside and out.
18. Hot wash and wipe wall tiles.
19. Hot wash and dry floors.
20. Scrub and dry bathtub.
In conclusion, we recommend booking our 21-point clean, which includes the above list, and we also highly recommend window cleaning to accentuate the inner cleaning. Getting us to shampoo your carpets is the final step to selling your home in the very best way possible. The only problem with cleaning your home this well is that you may no longer want to sell it!